You should make a start now on your Student Grant application for 2013/14 because the deadline for submission is just four weeks away. Normally applications close at the end of August so don’t get caught out by this early deadline.
However, you don’t need to know which course you will be taking in order to submit your application, so there is nothing to hold you back. Here are our 5 top tips for helping you with the application process:Before you start, check out all the information and Guidance Notes on student grants on www.susi.ie and www.studentfinance.ie
- Before you start, check out all the information and Guidance Notes on student grants on www.susi.ie and www.studentfinance.ie
- If you are a new student or you are changing to a new course, then you must apply through the SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland) website: www.susi.ie You will need your PPS Number to Register so make sure you have it to hand.
- If you got a grant last year, just log in with your Username and Password. You should have received a letter recently with your Username on it. Don’t worry too much if you have forgotten your Password, there is a Forgotten Password function: SUSI can send a message to the email address you used when you registered last year.
- Once registered or logged in, start filling in your application form online. If you don’t have all the information you need to complete it in one go, you can just save your progress and return to the form at any time.
- After you have submitted your form, SUSI will email you a copy and contact you by post after your initial assessment, though they may request documentary evidence to support your application at that point. NB don’t send documents before you are requested to do so.
If you or your family need any assistance with financial documentation in support of your application, then call us on 074 9321420. You can also get help from SUSI Support by email from email@example.com or by phone on 0761 08 7874 or check what help is online at www.susi.ie or www.facebook.com/susisupport
For further information contact McLaughlin McGonigle, St Helens, St Oran’s Road, Buncrana, Co. Donegal. Tel +353 (0)74 9321420 / Fax +353 (0)74 9321421/ firstname.lastname@example.org