What is it?
The COVID-19 Adaptation Fund is the third step in Fáilte Ireland’s approach to re-opening and has been designed to contribute to the costs incurred by tourism businesses as they implement Fáilte Ireland’s Guidelines for Re-opening. Eligible businesses can apply for adaptation grants from now until 31st October 2020. Please note closing date for B&B’s Failte Ireland’s National Quality Assurance Framework €4,000 Restart Plus Scheme closes 28th October 2020.
What businesses are eligible to apply?
The following businesses are eligible to apply:
Strand A: Businesses with Capital Costs for fixed premises used by visitors
• Accommodation included on Fáilte Ireland’s Statutory Accommodation Register 2020 or Non-Statutory Accommodation Listing 2020
• Pubs/bars with a Publican’s Licence (opening under the Government’s Roadmap for Re-opening Society and Business)
• Restaurants or cafés with a Wine Retailer’s On-Licence or a Special Restaurant Licence
• Visitor attractions
• Adventure centres/Cruise hire companies/Tourism equestrian centres/Tourism golf clubhouses/Tourism wellness centres
Strand B: Businesses without a (significant) visitor premises and/or no capital costs
• Activity operators
• Boat tour operators
• Accommodation included on Fáilte Ireland’s Statutory Accommodation Register 2020 or Non- Statutory Accommodation Listing 2020 which did not incur capital adaptation costs under Strand A.*
*B&Bs are eligible for Strand A as there is significant support for B&Bs under the Restart Grant Plus Scheme. Now extended to 28th October 2020.
For further details see Failte Ireland Webpage link attached.