The Re-Start Grant aims to give direct grant aid to micro and small businesses to help them with the costs associated with re-opening and re-employing workers following COVID-19 closures. The grants will be equivalent to the rates bill of the business in 2019, with a minimum payment of €2,000 and a maximum payment of €10,000.
Qualifying criteria – to be eligible you must be a commercial business:
- with a turnover <€5m;
- employing 50 or less employees;
- have a commercially rateable premises;
- suffered a projected 25%+ loss in revenue from 1st April 2020 to 30th June 2020;
- must commit to remain open or to re-open if it was closed; and
- must also declare the intention to retain employees that are benefitting from the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS).
Specifically excluded and ineligible are:
- non-commercial organisations such as community and sporting premises;
- businesses that do not operate from rateable premises (tradesmen, service providers, etc.);
- premises that were vacant prior to the COVID-19 emergency; and
- international chain stores.
Link to scheme details and FAQs: http://www.donegalcoco.ie/restartgrantscheme/
Link to grant application: https://restartgrant.donegalcoco.ie
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31 August 2020.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us: 07493 21420 or firstname.lastname@example.org