LEADING CROSS BORDER ACCOUNTANTS IN NORTHWEST
PROMPT SERVICE. ACCESS TO AN EXPERT TEAM
Your accountant and tax advisor can help make or break your finances, so selecting your accountant should be one of the most important financial decisions you can make.
Selecting an Accountant
It comes as a surprise to many that in Ireland and the UK the term “accountant” has no legal protection. Therefore when searching for an accountant you should always check that they:
- have the necessary professional qualifications, skills and experience to handle your enquiry;
- have professional indemnity insurance should something go wrong; and
- are regulated – regulation gives you the assurance of structure and oversight.
In Ireland, professional accountancy qualifications are dominated by four main accountancy bodies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Accountants Ireland, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA). These bodies cover 97% of all members and 99.7% of all students of professional accountancy bodies in Ireland.
MLMG is an ACCA practice.
Why switch Accountant?
Your accountant should be fully invested in you and your business and just as committed as you are. If you feel you aren’t getting that level of service from your accountant then it might be time to switch.
Is it easy to switch?
It is surprisingly easy to switch accountants.
If you feel that you are not getting the service that you need, you can switch in three easy steps.
- Contact us and arrange an initial consultation with one of our partners. We will work with you to assess your needs.
- If you are happy with our advice and want to make the move, you can instruct us to contact your previous accountant on your behalf.
- We will then write to your previous accountant to seek professional clearance and asking them to provide us with your accounting and tax records.
All accountants are expected to provide the paperwork and records within a reasonable timeframe by their professional bodies, and accountants are familiar with the process.